Originally Posted By: 49fastback
Tom, some of the reading I had done indicated that maybe the PCV needed to be below the level of the breather. So, that's why I was wondering if there is a better or different way of running the PCV. My original thought was to just use two of your adapters and do as you are saying - breather in front and pcv breather in back and plumbed around the back of the valve cover to the intake side. I'll be ordering that valve cover soon!

Hmmmmm.....I never heard anything before or gave the breather to PCV valve placement. On my '78 integrated head, both the PCV valve and the little elbow for the vent are both in the top of the valve cover. The vent elbow attached to a hose to the filter in the air cleaner assembly, and the PCV attached to a hose running down to a port on the manifold that is shared with the Evap hose. The non-integrated valve cover, the breather hose attaches to the side of the cover with the PCV valve in the same spot as mine. So the factory puts the vent at the same level or lower than the PCV valve, although the filter for it is always higher in the air cleaner.

I would have assumed the manifold vacuum would pull air through the crankcase from one to the other no matter what the orientation?