Hi, more updates.

Adjusted idle to 900 RPM, idle mixture screws to 1-5/8th where the vacuum is 16 lbs. The accelerator pump is set to be almost full at full throttle. Later while out driving I swapped the vacuum advance from ported to non-ported (full) and the RPM popped up to what sounds like 1100. I haven't done more settings yet. Over 120 miles on the car, I think the break-in is pretty much done. Except for the oil change at 300-500 miles.

With these settings and moderate throttle, the outcome is 0-60MPH in under 12 seconds (26 sec when I bought the car). I was surprised when the rear tires spun and the tires chirp shifting from 1st to 2nd. Yeah! I can't wait for full throttle.

I've still got a ways to go, though. There is a big hesitation upon acceleration even at moderate speeds. Moving the vacuum advance to always-on reduced the hesitation. Full throttle sounds awful with less oomph than mid-throttle and I've experienced a backfire through the carb. So I'm shy of the throttle. I'm back to the original 1/4" gas line from the fuel pump to the carb, don't know if that would affect this.

Next steps are to mess with the accelerator pump external setting.

For the starter, I ended up making a cleaner ground from the engine to the starter through the right angle bracket by cleaning off paint. It seemed to crank faster. But I found it to still crank slowly one time when it was hot.

We're getting there!

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250