I just want to keep the old engine and see what it could do with some tweaks, kind of release the performance that may lurk in there, choked down by emissions crap or sacrificed for some other reason. That's what I've done all my life. I know I could have dropped a V8 in the Nova for $500 and have twice the power I have now with my 230.... which by the way is still super slow laugh But it is an immediate conversion starter. And I plan to do more to it, a complete waste of time and money. I just installed a HEI distributor, have not timed it yet. HUGE improvement on how it starts. As quick as a new car and sounds like it too.

The Jeep is already showing improvement across the range with the mild cam and higher compression, and today I will try tuning the ECU with a Banks tuner. (Refurb on Ebay for $225) It offers 3 different pre-programmed tunes, and those with either 87 or 91 octane optimization. I'll go with 91 oct "Sport" for best performance. No hitch, I never tow anything. I don't off road either. No lift. Might go with a 2" lift at some point, maybe not. No more. No insane mud tires.