Thanks efi-diy, Thanks for the tip. I tried this adjustment last night. I'm a bit concerned that I've stretched the diaphram, because I've tightened the nut all the way and it still seems to be engaging a bit. I never adjusted it when it was new and it was a quite a bit further out. When I order new nozzles, I'll order a new diaphragm just in case I damaged mine.

Originally Posted By: efi-diy
When you adjust the cam follower (spring etc)- tighten it until there is end play between the follower and the cam with the throttle closed - then carefully back it off until the end play is gone but no looser.

If it still pops when you stomp on it - either you need a bigger squirter or a different cam. Holley has an cam assortment.

Originally Posted By: gbauer
28 is probably still too small. I recommend buying a 28 and a 32 at the same time. 28 was too lean for me.

My main jets are 52's.

Hmmmm, I was going to order both 28 and 31's. Maybe save the $12 and order only 31's. I'm thinking this also was (a small) part of the backfiring issue previously.

My main jets are 51's now. Since I need to order the nozzles and they're cheap, i'll order 52's for down the road.

Thanks for the tips!

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250