Back to the topic...

Your 295 build was downright affordable. My six was double that, but then again, I did ARP studs that caused a bunch of extra labor and there were a few glitches on the way.

I just looked up on Summit, rebuilt performance 4.2L $3419. When I first read about the 4200, I thought dang, I should've done that. Modern engine, throttle body. But then, it's a bigger project than I could handle. Since I had the numbers matching original engine, I stuck with the 230 and converted it to a 250. It's a whole lot easier to drop the original engine in and not have to worry about this and that not working.

Of course, people keep pointing out how you can get an engine from a scrap yard to cut the costs. But that's just buying somebody else's problem and the sixes are really hard to find.

BTW if somebody needs an torn down 250 engine *cheap*, I'll make a deal. It'll cost beer. I've got a lift for your truck. Never been bored, but a little rust in the cylinders. Nothing a nice hone can't solve if you're really tight on cash. But for some reason the crankshaft is from a 230. :-) You can get a new crank and bearings for $200.

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250