70Nova,
Thanks for the info. My actual first step was to get a 160 degree thermostat at O'Reilly's. I've talked to more than one radiator shop in Boise and all of them say that 3-row cores are pretty much extinct nowdays. However, there is a high efficiency 2-row core that is also wider than my current rediator core, which will increase the radiator capacity. Between that and the 160 degree thermostat, I'm hoping it will get temps into the engine friendly range. I'm also running Vintage Air A/C, which would make mounting a pusher fan difficult. I already have an aluminum high flow water pump, and that didn't seem to make much difference.

I wasn't running hot at stoplights, I was running hot ALL the time as soon as the engine warmed up. It would just peg the gauge at 220 and stay there. Didn't make any difference whether I was idling or running at highway speed. If the new radiator core doesn't fix it, I'll try one of the Milodon or Mr. Gasket thermostats. It should be the right part. In the description at Summit Racing, it says that it fits just about anyting.

My compression ratio is higher than yours, and I'm running a Holley 390 cfm 4-barrel for a carb. I'm not sure the carb would make a lot of difference, but I have a feeling that the C.R. might. I'll update this when I get the radiator back from the shop and get it in the Nova.

Last edited by Wagoneer; 04/27/16 12:54 AM.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.