Originally Posted By: TJ's Chevy
Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
Originally Posted By: TJ's Chevy
This thread is as bad as saying you should do a 350 SBC instead of an inline 6 simply because the 350 is Cheaper. C'mon. No one cares. Save your 4200 for a 4200 forum. Obviously by the replies in this thread No one really cares. Just cause You don't like the older gen inline 6's doesn't mean EVERYONE has to have a stinkin 4200! And just cause you had ONE problem with ONE 292 doesn't mean ALL 292's are bad either.

Well the reason i went with upgrading my stock 250 is it did end up being cheaper than building a 350. Taking a 350 block and adding Vortex heads, cam, intake and exhaust may be cheaper than a full inline rebuild. But changing out everything else from starter, fuel pump, alternator, PS pump, radiator, radiator support, engine mounts, HEI, water pump, brackets, pulleys, water neck and vacuum accessories. There just are no parts in common that can be reused when swapping out a Chevy L6 for a SB V8. And then for affordability, the L6 can be upgraded in stages; whereas the V8 has to be done all at once in one major investment. So for my build, L6 was cheaper. The second reason I choose to stick with the L6 is that it got so much attention from people, V8s are pretty common and a bit boring in comparison.

Yep, SBC's are boring as heck...I don't even like car shows because everyone is like minded. All the stinkin same engine.

I originally bought the Camaro as a non-runner, and intended a V8 and auto swap. But i played around with it and got it running (fuel lines rotted, 3 and 4 plug wires swapped, negative cable frayed, shift interlock solenoid disconnected, Thermac vac hose off, bad alternator, bad water pump). So when I posted pics of it online, a lot of people said keep the L6 and be different.