Hey guys, this is my first post so i'll try and make it a good one.

So i have a 64 nova 4 door with a 194 and powerglide in it. I am looking to convert it to a manual.

I am going to try and find a way to make a aisin ar5(known as ma5 to general motors). These are plentiful, strong, and more importantly they are cheap. These came in the chevy colorado, pontiac solstice and hummer h3.

These transmissions are a direct relative to the ax15 transmission from jeeps. SO the good news is there are adapters to allow them to bolt directly to a small block housing.

The problem i have found so far lies with the input shaft. The ax15 made to work with a small block has a 7-7/8 long input shaft. The colorado/h3 input shaft is 8-1/4 long and the pontiac solstice shaft is 7-1/2". So i gotta decide how i'm going to make it work.

I thought and i am hoping i can just swap in the input shaft from ax15 into the ar5. I think the solstice may be short to be usable, not sure if you could maybe use a special pilot bearing that reached out alittle further. I wonder how far i could through the pilot bearing into my crank, maybe the colorado will work fine.

If you guys have any info or advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt