Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
I always set the valves with the engine off.
Mark the balancer at TDC and 120 and 240 degrees. Start on #1 TDC and adjust both valves by watching the pushrod hitting the lifter cup. Once it has fully touched, then tighten down another 1/2 turn. Turn crank to the next cylinder in the firing order (153624), Which is 1/3 of a turn to crank and repeat the process until you are done.

I'll be doing it this morning and following this fairly close. Thanks for confirming the process. You wouldn't happen to know of any posilock nuts that fit under the stock 250 valve cover? I'll probably continue to use the stock ones for now but it might be a good future upgrade.

Originally Posted By: Matt D
not a problem, i'm looking forward to seeing youre car get turbo'd. I've been studying your site and really appreciate the videos you post. lots of good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback on the site, I'm glad to hear someone finds it useful other than me. I'm rushing to get the car back on the road so I can get it to the in laws house where I have access to a welder to mount the turbo. The turbo could be hooked up as early as this weekend. However I won't be putting any boost in it until it's got a few more miles on it.

As an interesting side note, the wastegate I chose last year (SPA Turbo 36mm Compact Adjustable) had a discontinued proprietary "S" flange that made it a concern to buy, but for the price I didn't sway. Turns out a distant relative had a waterjet cutter and was able to cut my turbo, wastegate and wastegate downpipe flanges. They turned out great and made that wastegate worth buying after all. I was going to have him make me a few of those "S" flanges but I doubt anyone else buys discontinued parts like me smile

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca