Like the subject line says, I'm just getting started here. Been a fan of big sixes since the mid seventies watching Cotton Perry run the Pocket Rocket Nova in NHRA Modified Production.

What brought me here , however, is my recent acquisition of a rat rod with a 153 cid Chevy engine for power. The li'l feller just seemed to beg me to take him home and raise him proper. It's a '28 A Model/'24 Dodge coupe and had a powerglide and an old Jeep pickup third member when I got it. I had a good 700R4 and a friend gave me a disassembled 9" Ford rear end with a 300:1 gear that was nasty but mechanically perfect.

A year later, (I was down for a while with a severely damaged rotator cuff injury and surgery to correct it) I have a good running little ride that could use some beefing up in the power plant area. I've fabricated a good header and a 4 bbl intake with a 390 NASCAR Holley carb. It runs smoothly and idles well. Now I've picked up a second cylinder head that I plan to build with lump ports, bigger valves, roller rockers, good springs, screw in studs, and some professional porting. When the summer season is over I'll rebuild the short block with forged pistons, a 181 crankshaft, and longer rods.

What I REALLY NEED is a source for a roller cam!! I'm wanting to build this thing with a hydraulic roller cam. I can't find anyone with a roller core that I can have ground!!

I'm also needing to know how to post pics here.

Thanks!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary