Thanks, Tom! The pleasure was all mine. I'm liable to be in the market for one of those valve covers when I get the new head done and I'm down to installation.

The li'l feller runs pretty well around town and on the back roads. It's a little anemic when I'm on the interstate and running in high gear and the TCC is engaged. I know the rear gear is tall, but some added horsepower would fix that and increase fuel mileage as well. It wants to downshift on long grades and hills.

These were rated at 90 to 100 HP when released back in the early sixties. My combo is around 110 to 120 by all indications, (the engine is un-rebuilt but fairly sound). I've done some serious tuning and the carb and ignition were professionally built and tuned.

I'm figuring it at around 170 cid when finished and the engine work and new pieces should render 1.2 to 1.25 hp per cubic inch with the proper camshaft. It could do 1.5 if I used a radical solid roller and higher, (requiring racing fuel) compression pistons and more radical head work. I'm looking for small stock V8/Hi Po V6 performance and I know it's there to be had. 190 to 210 hp should be obtainable and be reliable as well!

Help from folks like you will get me there.

Last edited by Blackwater; 05/25/16 11:34 PM.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary