I appreciate your input, but I've already started up the trail. Having been around, and working on, other similar projects I'm not too concerned about reliability in this instance. The parts are available, (except apparently the camshaft) to build a durable, powerful 4 cylinder engine out of one of these. The little engine has few weak spots structurally and there are other weaker examples out there that work and live well in the range I'm aiming for. I've see one of these taken to astronomical limits and live. He made almost two and a half HP per cubic inch, normally aspirated, with a flat tappet cam!! I haven't seen the guy in years, but I've seen him mentioned.

I have nothing against turbos and positive displacement superchargers. It's just not the direction I want to go.

I have a cam grinder that will make me what I want and there are two companies that will make me a round lobe core. Either one of these suppliers just want a LOT of money for a one off!! I'm trying to avoid having to spend that much, but I probably will.

Last edited by Blackwater; 05/28/16 11:45 AM.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary