I don't figure the hydraulic roller cam will revive the 230/250/292 as far as a big time splash in the hot rodding scene. It COULD do wonders over in the marine and industrial power plant sector. As you pointed out, with the oncoming scarcity of lubricants suitable for flat tappet valve trains, new technology will be needed even in those segments.

The old Gen. 1 and Gen. 2 small blocks are benefiting hugely with the introduction of aftermarket hydraulic rollers, both as updates for the street aftermarket AND for the marine market as well!!

Years ago, I watched a certain 292 powered '67 Chevy II 2 door post become one of the most dreaded cars at dragstrips all over the country. I watched it outrun V8 cars many classes above it week after week, year after year!! NHRA finally just eliminated the whole Modified Production class because they couldn't keep up with the science that made 'em run!! The man, and his partner both affirmed that the camshaft research is what put that thing over the top!!

Last edited by Blackwater; 05/29/16 12:07 AM.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary