Here is kind of the follow through on the Skylark's front wheel speed sensor for traction control. Which I'm hoping some day to need on the Firebird.

Needs some fine tuning, but I have a baseline to work from. As a reminder, Buick 455(462) with a manual transmission, 3.89 gears.
Quote:

Finally turned the traction control on for some testing. No significant speed testing but tried five or six burnouts and datalogged two of them. It's a weird feeling, it's not missing like a rev limiter cutting spark but you can certainly feel the power being pulled down, softly. I datalogged the most extreme case which is sitting on the 2-step limiter and just dumping the clutch, which usually sends the tires up in smoke and the rpm's to the moon. One caveat to this though, I didn't try laying the pedal to the floor due to where I was driving, but in a normal circumstance, that throttle position should of produced a much much longer burnout.

I annotated the datalog a bit. I have a minimum threshold of 5mph set so it won't do anything until the car is over 5mph, and once there traction has to be over 5% different (check), and it took 0.21 seconds after the first reading above 5mph for the timing to be pulled down to 11.5º. I have just some guesstimate numbers plugged in, so I'll probably pull the timing down faster and lower. I have some noise in the rear wheel speed sensor when I'm on the 2-step, so until I cure that I can't really lower the 5mph minimum threshold. Overall, I'm glad that it's doing SOMETHING and can work from that baseline. It was just under 0.4 seconds between the rear tires spinning and the front tire registering speed, then another 0.21 seconds before the traction control kicked in, and ignition timing was reduced for 1.45 seconds.