Originally Posted By: TurboCamaro
Originally Posted By: TJ's Chevy
Aluminum radiator and electric fan = Must. A 2 core aluminum would be real nice for that 250.

I'm thinking about this one for my 250. Looks like a stock swap.

That should work, once you figure out how to attach it. The way that is set up, it looks like a crossflow rather than a standard top/bottom tank radiator. That means that you're going to have to fabricate some way to mount the radiator to the radiator support, because that one doesn't look like there are any brackets that would bolt to the support. Unless there are some kind of optional brackets or a frame of some kind with bolt holes in the right locations, you're going to have a lot of fun figuring out how to get that to stay in place.

One other thing to consider is whether it's the same width as your old radiator. When I put the new one in my Nova, I had to get a radiator top hose that was 2" longer on one side than the old hose. It was kind of fun seeing the look on the the guy's face at O'Reilly's when I told him that I needed a radiator hose that had a 90 degree bend in it and was 2 inches longer on this end and the same length on the other end. It did take us a while, be we eventually found one that would work if I fiddled with it a bit. It's also likely that the hose connections on the engine and the radiator may be different diameters. Mine were, but then, they were different diameters on the stock radiator too. Some plumber's silicone grease and a flat blade screwdriver came in real handy for attaching the top hose to the thermostat housing.

I don't want to discourage you from getting an aluminum radiator. Just be aware that when you modify something, it's never just one thing that has to be modified for the modification to work. There are just about always unseen or unanticipated things that pop up to bite you in the rear end when you begin to change the way the factory did things.

'Course, that's part of the fun in being a hot rodder. Figuring out how to make parts work that were never designed to be there is very satisfying when you solve the puzzle.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.