Actually, they're 1.84s !! I was amazed!! They took off .035". He did some extra work on the roofs of the ports and around the bolt boss on the center two exhausts. They also cleaned up around the guide bosses and worked the humps to blend them in well.

He did a pair of cast iron RHS Small Block Vortec heads for me a year or so ago and I sat around while he and Chris put them on and took them off of the flow bench repeatedly until he was sure he'd gotten everything he wanted out of them.

One of the things we discovered was that the smaller intake valve was much less shrouded at the sides of the chambers and against the cylinder walls. His usual rate for flow bench work is around $95.00 an hour. In my case, we're old friends and I just caught him with a project that intrigued him. They played with those Vortec small block heads for days when they discovered how well they flowed out of the box.

Tom! Do you have the 4Banger valve cover in production yet? From what I can see, I'm probably gonna' need one. Gonna' need to talk to you about roller rockers too.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary