Hey Gbauer,

It was pretty straightforward. I pulled just the hood and have had zero scratches or dings. It's much easier to leave the head on before pulling. I got one of those engine levelers, wouldn't have gotten it to work without it. Maybe if you pulled the entire front off you wouldn't need a leveler...

The leveler has a front and back chains. I bolted into the head where the alternator attaches and the AC pump attaches. I bolted the rear to where the starter attaches and then a bolt on the other side that was unused on my car.

I removed/installed engine and transmission altogether since I hear it's much easier that way. I can't imagine otherwise, but I saw a guy who had done it.

It took three people each to prevent the engine from hitting anything.

When I put the engine in the back of my SUV, I had to have the head off.

Try cutting and pasting this to see a bunch of pictures from the pull.
http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/my32chevy/library/1967%20Camaro/250Build/EnginePull

One of the best things was a friend loaned me his engine stand. Wow, that made it super easy to remove the head. I used it on my spare engine to dismantle it to steal the crank for my 250 conversion.

When I did the swap, I had trouble with the crossmember hitting my exhaust. It was expensive, but I ended up buying two different crossmembers before I found one that worked and that one still hits the exhaust just a little. I'll have to dig it up if you need it, the p/n is probably on the Camaros.net website, but I couldn't find it in my notes.

I'd consider the 700R4 if I did it again just because the 200-4R was used much less and is much rarer. I say this because of my throttle valve issues where I had to pull the transmission pan twice. Everybody and his kid sister sells the 700R4 gaskets, but you almost have to mail order the 200-4R's gaskets. Of course, once it's in and running, you're unlikely to ever put enough miles on this car to need to service it.

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250