The only intakes for the DCOE's for use on these engines are the IR style short runner intakes that do not have a plenum. Several people make them, I have two myself I make as well as Clifford and one in Brazil is also available. For street use, as I said already, these types of carbs and intakes have been used successfully for decades in many venues from mild to wild. Most every top shelf Chevy 6 engine builder from Sissell to Glen Self has fitted many of their customers with them and had no issues for street use. They aren't all just a race only carb, even though they have set many racing records also.

You also mentioned they are picky and finicky, and they are. It just adds another element of maintenance into the equation that the end user needs to be aware of. But they can also be made to be very reliable and streetable, depending on how much effort someone is willing to devote to them. These carbs may not be for everyone, and his results and experience may vary from others who have used them on the street as he intends too. Since he specified it will be summer driven, he may not need a heated intake. Which the IR intakes are not.

He didn't mention what size DCOE's he was looking at that are for sale. Carb sizing is important for any engine, and if these are larger race size carbs like 45MM or 48MM, or larger, then he may be wanting to rethink using them if his engine is more stock and modified.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer