Originally Posted By: Blackwater
You're probably safe in Memphis if you do the Classic/Antique thing. If you take it through the emissions test stuff, you COULD get into a hassle. In my part of Tennessee, they don't test, but three blocks away, some folks are required to go through "MARTA" when they renew their tags.

Also, your's has AC and PB, but mine doesn't. Mine is a manual, is your's and auto?

Ok, if you need to pass visual inspection and sniff test at some point, you will have to work on a build that retains all those items. It's tough without just using almost all stock parts off the HD 292 top end. It might be doable even with the Holley/Offy/Langdon with lump port non-integrated head. EGR and the EVAP are a problem. And I don't know if they accept a swap from vacuum actuated EFE valve on the exhaust to the Langdon water heated manifold as within compliance. If these are put back on for show and not working, will it still pass sniff without them I wonder? Certainly you have to put a free flowing catalytic converter on it then.

If you don't, then that's a lot of monkeying around avoided. You can just delete the cat, EGR, part of the EVAP, EFE, and swap the THERMAC air cleaner with an open element one if you like.