It fell out of the car last night.

Of course the manifold gasket is showing signs of leaking. I'm shocked! Oh and I need to replace my body bushings because I can't get the trans crossmember out due to pancaked bushings. There goes another $55.

...and I haven't pulled the pan yet to see what fun stuff I'm going to find in there! Looking forward to that one!

On a brighter note, though, Mark (mshaw) hooked me up with an un-dented oil pan! After cleaning it up I just need to sand off some rust, spray it with paint, and it'll work fine.

Tonight I'm putting it on an engine stand so I'll be able to post under-skirt pics.

Didn't realize just how big this thing is until I whipped it out. It's freaking LONG!

(OK maybe that didn't quite sound right...)

She'll get a bath, new paint, new gaskets (except where she's not leaking... don't want to make a new leak), new oil pick up with screen, etc. Might pull the head even and do lumps and oversized valves. I have a machine shop that'll do it for me at reasonable prices. Also putting in umbrella seals on the valve stems. Those are in the trunk of the car ready to go in when it's on the stand. Valves and rings are probably in good shape since I have decent compression. I'm just hoping it's not the bearings.

Last edited by gbauer; 12/06/16 12:03 PM.