...let's hope she has oil pressure and no leaks...

One thing odd: Mark's oil pan had half the bolt holes as mine did. So did the gasket set. I put that bit together on Sunday while working by myself and I was a little tired. I put good RTV on the block and the pan before putting on the gaskets and finally mating the pieces together. I was putting the bolts on while the engine was upside down so I didn't notice that I didn't have every other hole in the pan until Monday when I flipped it over. The extra bolts I assumed were accidentally put in the bag from something else.

I didn't torque the bolts down until Monday as per the instructions on the tube of RTV. Since the original didn't use RTV and it sealed I figure that with half the bolts but with a tube more of RTV it should seal fine. If Mark's pan only used half the bolts then there's no reason it shouldn't hold.

Just something odd I noticed.

There was NO sealant used on the original pan (the RTV you see in the pics was from me). The connecting rods were not marked. Oil pump pickup was not welded or soldered.

I'm positive this thing has never been opened and that it really does have 30,000 miles on it. I opted not to mess with the bearing end caps because of that. There was no play at all in the crank or cam. I'm convinced my oil pressure problem is purely due to the oil pan being bent and the pickup being partially crushed.

I'll hopefully know tonight, however. We're planning on dropping it in tonight. I just have to fight one body bushing a bit more to get the remnants of the old one out so I can put a new one in before full-on with the install. Once the engine is in and bolted down I plan on using a drill to pump up the oil pressure so I can check it on the gauge in the car. If it's in the realm of adequate I'll keep moving forward. If not, well...

Last edited by gbauer; 12/15/16 01:06 PM.