To a few fellow Inliners -- Thank you for bringing attention to this subject, again. Questions about the new Website have been generated and regenerated for over 3 years. A new website design was commissioned in 2013. I was asked to be on the team doing the work. We made a presentation at the 2014 Convention, laying out our views on what it should look like and how it would operate. We assured those in attendance that it would be up and running in a short period of time, only to be blocked for well over a year and a half by the individual running the site, who refused to turn over complete control to Inliners International. The club finally got control, early last year. Once again, I was told things were moving along and it would be up soon. I continued to press for answers for a time line, only to be met with excuses, or lies, until I simply quit asking. To address topics raised by Beater and Blackwater, from what I know of how the current website was put together I seriously doubt that trying to preserve old information has anything to do with why it has not been replaced.
In the Spring of 2016, a group of Chapter Heads and past officers held a series of phone meetings. Our goal was to meet with the club president, separately, at last years Convention to discuss his poor handling of Inliners International affairs (refers to the Santucci matter, where not only did the club lose a Hall of Fame member, but the Florida Chapter collapsed , as well as, another Hall of Fame member Mike Kirby resigning from the club). The group also covered the serious decline in this organization during his tenure. We also brought to the table a list of ideas we felt would help advance the running of the club and improve communications between Chapters and club members. Our meeting lasted over 2 hours and although not all of our topics were agreed upon, a decision was made to move forward on a few. A Board Meeting was held the following day where we were asked to make some revisions, sending them to our president. Having made mine, I submitted the results. We exchanged a couple of emails. It has now been over 5 months and to this day there has been no action taken. Members of this group want
answers as to why these issues have not moved forward.
The lack of forthcoming information does not surprise me. There are four people that control how this club operates, all members of the same Chapter. Some have done admirable jobs, while others continually fail to provide the leadership needed to move Inliners International forward and keep it a viable club. Phone calls to officers sometimes go unreturned for weeks. We all know that Officer and Chapter Heads are voluntary positions, but COME ON MAN. Our membership continues to decline on a regular basis. Remember we need money to operate. Chapters have folded and Chapter Heads are resigning. Look at the inside cover of a 12 Port to see how many Chapter Head positions are vacant. Ask yourself what can be the motivation of individuals to withhold information from a group they represent, unless they are hiding something. It certainly can't be in the Best Interest of the Club.
Folks, Enough is Enough. How long are we going to sit around doing nothing? Until we find we can't open the website or the 12 Port doesn't come in the mail. This club is in serious trouble and who can we blame other than leadership. If something isn't done soon, we will all be sitting around reading old copies of the 12 Port and remembering what a great club this used to be. And guess who will be responsible? It's time for our membership to take action in demanding answers to questions regarding the running of this group. We need to start a campaign of emails and phone calls to these people demanding the release of information. Keep writing and phoning until we get their attention.
Melon, thank you for telling us your story. Please, if there are others viewing this board with similar stories post them. We need to hear from you.
This club is a lot bigger than four people. Many of us care deeply about it and how it operates. This is YOUR club and I hope you will join me in a concerted effort to make our voices heard.
I any of you have other ideas, please bring them to our attention.

Last edited by 41 Coupe; 01/16/17 03:11 PM.