Does anyone have experience working with/testing the Chevy 250/4.1 integral cylinder head? I've been doing some research for a turbocharged build (mild boost, >10 psi) and it looks like the combustion chambers on the integral head are better suited to performance modifications (i.e. more airflow). They are more of a wedge shape than a bathtub shape, like the older style non-integral heads. This seems like it would be better suited to a higher airflow application like an engine that will see boost. The more swept-back wedge shape does not shroud the intake valve as much as the bathtub shape does. Documentation here https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm...vrolet-Nova.pdf shows that these heads have a 71 cc chamber, which is similar to the bathtub style chambers, so no loss of compression ratio would be seen. The head pictured here is casting # 370696 from a 1975/76 Chevy 250 4.1L.

I know, I know, the integral head is "worthless" because you can't modify intake/exhaust...but I already have plans to address that. I'm specifically asking for input on the combustion chamber shape only.

Attached Images
Casting 370696 CC.JPG
Last edited by BlueFlame292; 01/26/17 04:52 PM.