You have good reason to be concerned. The hood on a 57 has a lower profile then does the 55-56 and hood clearance is always a problem. I was contemplating the same swap for my 57 but decided to keep the car old school (its my high school car from the 70s)so went with a 261 instead. You can get a 292 in there but you will have get it in and then sort out an intake. The 292 itself is taller then a 235/261 and you are stacking adapters onto the manifold, and hoods for the carbs on top of that. I would say, with pretty good certainty, that the set up you are contemplating will not fit under the hood. What kind of carbs are you trying to use if I may ask?

By the way, I have never seen a Fenton 2X1 for a late 6 motor so that is pretty cool. You may very well have to machine down the pads or do a good but of cutting and welding to get it all in. Have you considered using a Clifford 2X2? Lower profile and already has a hot water chamber cast into it. Clifford makes them for 235/261 motors as well as the late chevy 6 motors, jeep and some others. I have one on my 261 with 38 mm webers and it was a marked difference in power from my Weiand 2X1 with adapters and 5200 holleys. Clifford will sell you just the intake if you are not going to use the 38mm webers (I asked before I decided to get the entire set up)

Last edited by mdonohue05; 02/09/17 12:24 PM.