its not the motor that is the problem. The 292 will fit, and frankly, will be a terrific runner if you make the swap. If I ever get my hands on another decent 57 chevy, that is the swap I intend to make. The problem as I see it is the intake and carbs that may be the problem for you. I say may be the problem because my perception is that you are making really high adapters to bolt on some other fairly high style carbs with the addition of a pair of hoods (presumably a blow through turbo maybe?) What carbs are you thinking about using and can you post a photo of the fenton intake? Again, the new dual Clifford manifolds with the hot water chamber, and even the old Clifford dual manifolds without the water chamber, can be used with dual Holley 4bbls, dual Holley 2300 two bbls, dual Weber two bbls. Its a low profile manifold an I believe it will fit no problem. If I can get out to the garage (snow), I will try take a rough measurement from the top of the block on my 261 motor to the top of my air cleaners. That should give you some idea.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 02/10/17 06:39 PM.