Good morning all! I decided to go ahead and make a separate thread for my 250 build (some might remember I started this back in 2014 but had to pause for a few years). I'm now retired from the Navy and even though life hasn't slowed down much, I do have more time to wrench on the old things I like!

Thankfully I was able to hold on too many of the parts I already purchased for the engine; just not the truck......but I picked up a real gem recently so I'm back at it!

So what I have now is:

1. 250 shortblock with 83k on it that needs a rebuild
2. 194 non integrated head I purchased from Mr HotRod6
3. Clifford Intake, Shorty Headers, and single Weber 2 barrel carb/air cleaner
4. Davis Speed Equipment Alt/pwr steering/AC brackets as I plan to run all systems
5. Fel Pro engine gasket set
6. AC Delco Starter
7. Tuff Stuff alternator/power steering pump
8. Misc hoses/clamps etc.

I think the next logical step is to start building the shortblock. Although I'm still taking things apart on the truck, that's ok because it will take me a bit of time to purchase all the parts I'd like to run in the engine so that works out just fine.

Down the road I'd like to run some form of boost so forged pistons and connecting rods are on my wish list along with ARP main studs. I'll need some time to find a good machine shop in my area as well.

Right now it looks like Scat 6" H-Beam rods are readily available from a few different sources but I'll need to find a source for pistons. I see alot of SBC/BBC/LS slugs but not much in the way of inline 6.

Also need to figure out the camshaft profile as well.

Plenty of details to keep me busy for the the foreseeable future! Looking forward to FINALLY moving forward on this engine build!!