Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
I was looking at my notes on timing. Looks like I was planning on setting 10*@800rpm initial, with 20-22* centrifugal with the springs all in around 3000rpm. Then setting 12* vacuum advance without the EGR (16* if were with the EGR). And I expanded the spark plug gap from 0.035" to 0.045". I also bought a variety of plugs so that I could swap to index them to point toward the exhaust valve.

I just got my Monojet in for now, so I can't do much with that. Just set the idle for my manual transmission at 800rpm, base idle at 425rpm (screw setting, with solenoid unplugged), fast idle arm at 2000rpm, and set the idle screw starting at two turns from full seat to back it off until rpm does not increase.

Mines set right now at 10 degrees. I didnt want to go any higher. Wasnt sure if it can cause any bad things to happen. It was set at 12 degrees when I got it.

I disconnected my EGR then hooked it back up. I read somewhere that it wont burn the un used fuel or something. I swear with the EGR not connected it felt more snappy. Could have been a placebo with me.

I dont understand how to set the vac advance differently. As in where to set it.

There were new plugs installed on my 74 250 when I boight it. Not sure where the gap is. Should I set mine to .045?

My solenoid isnt working. Has power to it, but when i unplug it, it does nothing. I just found out on here yesterday about the screw in the end. I have to look, I didnt know there was one inside there. I just turned the whole thing. Dont know if mine not working will help with adjusting the screw?