it's an AutoMeter, 6 months old, forget the model and which sensor its using, its a fairly common model. i think i'm overthinking things. everything in the system from tires up is behaving by the book, so i'll err on the slightly-rich side for now, which is one jet size leaner than what i've got, then set the spark map and get some time on it.

modern gasoline formulations seem to burn "whiter", eg. less crud left behind. there's no contamination in the white, the electrode is just fine, so i think i'll trust the meter unless someone else can illuminate the disparity.

this dumb old trough intake Nash head, has perfect fuel distribution, middle and ends. it's short and has interesting anti-reversion wedges in the trough that work. the trough is the least of this engine's limitations.

this is likely my last carburetor. i'm ok dialing them in, well enough for my purposes, but im doing more driving in this car well above sea-level (just did highway 191 in AZ, much over 7000 feet, up to 8800 in a couple spots) and a carb is just stupid for this. this next winter, after driving season, i'll likely go with TBI. i'm seriously considering cooking up my own TBI system. i can do the math and the coding. TBI gets me all the low-hanging fruit. it's 200 hp if i'm lucky.