Mark,
Back in Oct of 2016 , you said it had the comp 280 cam with 230 duration. It makes a big difference. Which one do you have?

Originally Posted By: mshaw230
Originally Posted By: DeuceCoupe
Maybe I missed it in the thread but:
* What cam did you end up getting? Need Lift I E, Duration at .050 I & E, Lobe Sep and Advance or Lobe Centers for both I & E.
* What was the compression and deck clearance as built?
* If you have full throttle yet, what RPM is the trans shifting at?

That will help the Gonkulator a lot thanks.
GREAT thread, this will be a great archive for folks building an engine up. Should be a Reality TV show, but not too many folks would watch probably.

It's the "I know just enough to get me in trouble!" show. Haha.

I sure do gas it. Past break-in, using Valvoline VR1 (high zink) oil now. Probably 1000 miles or more by now. My gas mileage is pretty bad, but it seems that all I do is go out and floor it to see how she runs. Let's see if that gets better once I get on a long road trip....

Back to the topic. CAMs. I don't have a tachometer. One of those things one of these years is to swap out the console. I've got some gauges for putting below the dash cheap on sale, but haven't put them in either.

Comp CAM 280H

RPM 1500 to 5500
Valve Timing 0.006
Lobe Separation: 110
Intake Centerline: 106

Duration: Intake=280, Exhaust=280
Duration @ 0.050 Lift: I=230, E=230
Valve Lift: I=0.536, E=0.536
Lobe Lift: I=0.306, E=0.306

Valve Timing @ 0.006 Lift
....Exhaust closes 26 ATDC, Opens 74 BBDC
....Intake Opens 34 BTDC, Closes 66 ABDC

Engine is bored out to 0.040".

More notes...
1. New flat-top pistons from a 307. Compression ratio should be about 9.25:1.
2. New CompCams Camshaft 280H.
3. Head intake increased to 1.72', some porting work done
4. Crankshaft and rods balanced
5. Studs installed instead of head bolts for tighter fit
6. Manifolds installed with all bolts and thick flat washers
7. 200r4 transmission from cpptransmission.com along with 2200-2400 rpm stall converter (3.08 rear end)

I haven't done a compression check. I know it's a heap higher because the old starter would barely crank the engine over.

Still hope to get her dyno'ed soon. Once done, you can compare to the Gonkulator!

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com