Hello to All,

I am jumping in with both feet into the inline world. This is my first post so bare with me.

Just picked up a 73 Maverick 250ci, 61 Ranchero 177ci (have a 200 for it when the 177 dies) and a 77 Camaro 250ci. The first car I wish to get started on and the first thing I did was buy a low mile 292 engine for the Camaro so, at a minimum, I can replace the integrated intake head. It's a high milage engine so I will probably pick up a 250 short block to rebuild for the present engine's replacement.

This is a simple question, that I realize does not have a simple answer but here goes...

I have a limited budget and am looking to your knowledge and experience, having gone through this already. If given a choice of implementing one or the other, would you add EFI or turbocharge? With you your suggestions, could you include what you did and why and maybe include what you used to accomplish that part of your project? For arguments sake, let's say that I will keep the lower compression ratio so if I choose the EFI first, I can add the turbo later. These will all be daily drivers, none will see strip time, but want some seriously peppy street light to street light fun, driving mountain roads, and some freeway driving. Want to keep the engine mostly stock (not talking about the power adders) but not adverse to hardening some of the internals. Some head work, mild cam.

I have never built an engine with EFI or turbochargers but have worked on engines with both.

I live above 5000 ft and it's very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer.

I apologize for my neophyte opening question and remarks. I hope I'll have some better stuff as my projects progress...

Oh yeah, anyone ever put a 292 inline into a gen 2 Camaro. I have yet to find any good info out there regarding that swap...

Thanks
RJ

Last edited by Rjonah; 09/14/17 11:27 PM.