70 Nova, it sure is good to hear from you! Sadly its been way too long. The Q-Jet, which I am running the front half (primary side) of goes into main metering very quickly off idle. To be honest I don't think I have a soot problem as the car runs good with no black smoke. When I take my foot off the gas suddenly I get a very short spike rich, which is expected. Then as you come to a stop, the numbers come up to around 800 (always moving around a little) as the engine slows down and the idle circuit takes over. On a normal take off from a stop without pushing the gas pedal hard enough to get into power enrichment the reverse happens. As main metering takes over the numbers fall off. The car drives very well except a slight lean nose over when the engine is not fully warmed up and it is cold outside. My next step is to try another voltmeter which I have. (fluke77). I suspect that the results will be the same. One thing that I noticed when I was running the engine at 2000 rpm in the driveway was how just a small difference with my hand would change it from 0 to over 700mv. I'll post up what I find out with the Fluke 77. Jay