stock49- thanks for the link there, that will be very helpful. I'm not familiar with engines and spec's will be great to get that printed out and get learning. thanks for sharing.

Beater- spent a lot of time looking on the patrics website, was great for the casting part numbers too. I was very saddened to collect the 228 after hunting for ages, to learn I had the least desirable set up possible. But after what everyones saying thats much better than nothing. I didn't pay much for it too so it seems a great use to work from.
So your suggesting spend the money on setting up a super charger, rather than bringing a head and crank over? Really work with what I have and improve upon this base. The car won't be used on the road at all, sticky for "race" purposes.

Panic- thanks for that, as above my knowledge base of engines and there working is very slim. Im more metal working based so this is the only grey area of the project. The way you put that sounds like a big head ache, wallet ache for not much of a return. Would you suggest new lighter, off the shelf pistons and a super charger?