Good morning inliners! I have a '79 Chevy Stepside truck with an integrated head inline 6 and amazingly it is not cracked. It was an old farm truck that apparantly never overheated. The motor runs good but is original miles and a little tired and has the obvious upgrade limitations and concerns thst come with the integrated head. I found a 250 from a Nova with AC and power steering that I had rebuilt as a stock engine last year with the idea to do the easy swap.

Fast forward to last weekend in talking to a friend, he has a built 235 (pretty sure from '58) that he just pulled out of his street rod for sale. It got all the aluminum and chrome goodies, Offenhauser valve cover and intake, Dual carbs, Fentor header and a 3/4 cam and runs great. Its already mated with a 700r4. In addition to the engine and tranny, it also comes with a stock, original 235 so I am strongly tempted to ditch my easy stock swap for a slightly more complicated swap with the 235.

I am well versed in 250s but don't know much about the Stovebolts and specifically the motor mounts beyond that I know they are in a different location. I don't think it is an early 235 but still need to confirm. Its got the oil bath oiling system.

Does this long post have an easy solution with part number XXX from XXX? Hoping that is the case.