So the hot water moves from the therm housing driver's side port to my Clifford intake (built in chamber for hot water.). Exits the manifold and I bring mine back over the area where the spacer is and use a T (repro 60s corvette) to plumb it into the heater hose on the other side of the motor to the water pump return (heater hoses in stock configuration). That way I do not need to run my heater to get flow to the bottom of the manifold.

Tom Langdon walked me through this a good many years ago now when I first switched to pinto 5200 Holley/weber carbs. Used a 302 Gmc lower thermostat housing (which were a big pain to come by not too long ago). Made a big difference in drivability. I have plumbed my system that way ever since. Works like a charm.

If someone is willing to post a photo for me (have not figured out how to do that, lol) I can get you a photo of my current layout. It's always changing a little but this is the configuration I took to the trifive nationals in bowling green this past August. I was the only 6 powered car making runs down the dragstrip the entire weekend.

This is my son making his maiden voyage down the dragstrip in dads old high school car. 40 years I drove the car. This year I watched as my car went down the strip with out me, very strange feeling but the smile on my son's face after he came back was priceless.

https://youtu.be/lMVz66tyrKQ

Last edited by mdonohue05; 10/26/17 10:46 PM.