The only person that I know that offers a kit is Patrick's Antique Trucks. Otherwise, the parts are readily available (bearings, gaskets, pistons) as well as things like fuel pumps, water pumps, starters, generators, alternators (if you have made the switch), valves, valve springs, timing gears, seals, oil pump, etc.

Cam: New blanks are getting hard to come by, but most of the better cam companies can regrind what you have. I use Schneider in Dan Diego. Excellent to work with.

Rockers: Send what you have to Rocker Arms Unlimited in California. They are the only professional rebuilders that I know of and their work is excellent.

Distributor: Have yours rebuilt. You wont believe the difference. See if you can get Jim Linder at Linder's Vintage Ignition to do it, you wont be sorry.

Oil pump pickup and hydraulic lifters are the exception here. You will have to be an ebay and swap meet hound to find a nos oil pump pickup. They have been unavailable for a lot of years now but pop up once in a blue moon. if you are unable to source a new one, clean what you have, use a caustic hot tank. I have had to do that on a few occasions. Lifters, the new manufactured lifters seem to have a real problem with collapsing. I don't know why they cant seem to get it right but at any rate, you will need to find usa made hydraulic lifters, nos GM or aftermarket, that are at lease 20 or better years old. Otherwise you run the risk pf getting your motor all redone and have to take it apart due to a collapsed lifter. I know that rocker arms unlimited can resurface solid lifters, they may rebuild hydraulic lifters so you might consider asking them.

Dual carbs: The Clifford set up is pricy but it is a really good set up. I run one on my 261 and it runs terrific.

This is my son driving my 57 down the dragstrip with the Clifford set up at this years trifive nationals in Bowling green. It was his very first trip down the drag strip in the car so was getting his sea legs. Its my actual high school car from the 70s, sits as I originally built it as a kid (took my driver's test in in in 77). 40 years no one but me drove the car. Was a very odd feeling watching my car go down the strip without me driving it, lol.

https://youtu.be/lMVz66tyrKQ

As an alternative, consider using adapters on your current 2X1 and use 1974 Pinto 32/36 mm Holly weber 5200 carbs. These are progressive two bbls and work really well on a lightly modified 235. I ran that set up on a Weiand intake for many years on a 235, and initially on the 261 that is in the car now before I installed the Clifford two years ago. Ran great (but the Clifford runs better). Just make sure you have heat to the bottom of the manifold, electric choke, and orient the carbs in the right direction (the main jets are angled and in the corner of the fuel bowl so if you install them backwards which, by the way makes setting up the linkage easier but results in the main jet being uncovered when you pull away, resulting in a bog) You can get them at Rock Auto when available and are usually fairly reasonable. The 1974 versions have threaded fuel inlets, earlier models have a pressed in brass nipple, the threaded inlet is better.

The only issue you will have to consider with the adapters and webers is the hood clearance. The 57 hood is lower then the 55-56 hood. I had to machine down the mounting pads on my weiand to get it to all fit under the hood but that set up ran way way better then when I ran duel Rochesters and Carter YF's

Just my two cents, lol.

Mike

Last edited by mdonohue05; 10/27/17 04:45 PM.