As for a cam, call Schneider cams in San diego. They have been in business for years and can grind cams for our inline motors. They did my last three cams and their recommendations ended up right on the money. Lump port the head. Its a project you can do yourself at home. The 32/36 Holley/weber Ford Pinto progressive 2 bbl, as a pair, is too small for a 292, particularly if you are using adapters.

I ran those carbs for years on my 235 motors and they were the cat's tail. Weiand 2 X 1, adapters, 74 Ford Pinto versions. Good runners, not too big, reliable. Put the same set up on my 261 (which had more compression, more cam, other stuff) and they ran just fine, but you could tell there was more. Switched to a Clifford 2 X 2 with weber 38/38 really woke the motor up. Not a cheap set up by any means but it is what it is. So I think you have a couple of things to tinker with, cam, head work that you can do in the basement (I did), and maybe some larger carbs in the future. I also think you are a little light in the rear gear department.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 02/12/18 10:31 PM.