Got registered for Drag Week, so now the pressure is on! Despite the car being snow covered in the morning, I decided to play with some of the cold side plumbing. I think I have where the intercooler can sit. The right side will need a 3.5" hole cut in the core support, but a 90º fitting off the intercooler shouldn't intersect anything and will be a matter of getting the plumbing to where the throttlebody lands. Expecting to get the head and intake on Friday! Yay!

The cold side going under the core support.

The airfilter is just a place holder keeping debris out of the inlet until I know what I'm actually doing for the intake.

Going from ~22gpm to 55gpm, and from a 3 row brass to 2-row aluminum should significantly improve the cooling system. Though the only real cooling issue I ever had was hitting the pump flow limit at highway speeds above 90ºF, and simply slowing down cooled the engine off every time.

As a side note, I'm contemplating building a low budget 230 or high compression 250. A set of cast pistons are $100 at summit, I have a set of checked out good rods. Just get the bores and deck cleaned up, and the crank cleaned up if it needs it. Kind of practice for getting the good engine together since it's been awhile? And have a back up engine ready to go if necessary. I don't know, maybe, maybe not.