Everyone likes a good mock up. The real trouble with EFI'ing the OHC engine is that #1 cylinder fuel injector wants to occupy the same space as the thermostat housing. I have that issue with both intakes I made and this one is no different. The only alternative is to really lay the injector over and there isn't enough material in this intake to do that. I really wanted to figure out where the throttle body would land so I can continue planning the air routing after the intercooler. Lands about 4" off the radiator, so I'll need a 90º off the throttle body, but that isn't much different than my custom intake, just a bit closer to the engine.

Very similar to this, just a few inches closer to the engine and clear of the radiator hose.

Also pulled the head off the engine that looks rebuilt. It's a bit carboned up but the bores appear to still show hone marks and none of them have rust where the rings sweep by. The oil makes me wonder what the source of the carbon is. If the rings didn't seat, stuck PCV valve or just poor combustion due to fuel/spark issues? It is a 250 head on a 230 short block so the compression ratio is like 7.8:1, so could easliy be poor combustion causing it. I wonder if my '66 230 head is salvagable or if my test/practice porting has rendered it unusable?

L2258 pistons. Same ones Egge sells.