Contact smith brothers push rods in Oregon. They supplied a set of push rods, adjusters and nuts for my 261 that were machined and polished to match together. The difference was night and day between the trw push rods and stock adjusters. Get both as your stock adjusters may not be perfectly matched.

The reason I say this is that In 2015 I installed a set of Clifford chrome moly push rods that I had bought from jack Clifford when he was still alive (and squirreled them away for 25 years or so.). Installed them and installed a nos sealed power rocker set. I never thought to blue up the push rod cups and run them in on the adjuster balls to make sure they were fully seated. Turns out they were not fully seated in that the adjuster balls were ever so slightly larger then the push rod cups so that the balls were sitting on the edge of the push rod cup. Drove car about 250 miles, and about 6 runs down the dragstrip at the 2015 and 2016 trifive nationals. On a little local car show run on thanksgiving morning 2016 I Had one of the push rod cups fracture into two pieces that fell into the lifter area and the broken push rod jammed an exhaust valve rocker open. When I pulled it all apart, two other cups were on the verge of splitting and all of them showed that they were sitting only on the rim of the cup.

I sent smith brothers a push rod of the length I wanted and an adjuster, they sorted out the parts. When I got the smith brothers parts in the mail, I could not believe the quality and how smoothly they worked together. Uses a hex adjuster so you can use the more traditional adjuster tool (z shaped with the box wrench on one end and a hex t handle running through it. Makes adjusting way easier) I don’t have the ability to post photos here (I don’t host my photos and you can’t post directly from an I pad) but if you message me an email address I can shoot you a couple of photos. If you can post them for the benefit of the others that would be great. They were a godsend and I now have several hundred miles on the motor and about 20 more runs down the dragstrip at the 2017 trifive and not one single issue (and I took it all apart just to be sure).

Mike

Last edited by mdonohue05; 03/25/18 12:11 PM.