I am not sure what you are asking but the pistons I have are venolia pop up forged with a relief for the .493 lift. It sits at near 0 deck so I needed the relief. I ran a chet Herbert regrind .480/280 in a flat top 235 without any valve relief but that was with stock clearances and the piston sat in the hole I want to say .030-.040 maybe more I just forget now.

For the schneider, I called and discussed the project , 57 chey, 261, street, once in a while a run down the strip, 4;11 gears, four speed and that I did not mind adjusting valves once in a while and wanted a pretty good loopy sound. Told them what RPM I thought I wanted to work in. They made recommendations as to lift and duration, center line and over lap and that is what they ground for me. Its a great cam as far as I am concerned. You might consider giving them a try, I think it is way better then trying to pick something out of a catalog. And, because they grind cams for a living, they get to tweek and adjust and alter their grinds to get you what you need and want. Its a pretty good resource for us 6 guys.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 03/26/18 03:14 PM.