Clifford may sell just the intake and the bolt on plates. You would have to call. They only advertise the complete set up (I think the deal is that Larry resets the floats on the 38 mm, and bolts it all together, makes initial adjustments. That is how I bought mine.). The Clifford is a sort of modular set up. You have the intake, and then flange plates bolt to the intake depending on what carbs you are using.

On the Clifford dual carb manifold for the 230/250/292, you purchased flanges for either a pair of 2300 Holley carbs or the flanges for a pair of 4 bbl. carbs.

So on the 235/261 set up that they advertise, it comes with flanges to use the 38 mm Webers. But the stud spacing is the same as the 32/36 Holley/Weber 5200 (and I assume the Weber 32/36) so theoretically you could use the 32/36 Webers on the Clifford dual 235/261 intake. What I don’t know, and it’s my own fault, is whether the flanges for the 230/250/292 dual intake will bolt on the the 235/261 intake. I have the flanges for a pair of Holley 2300 for the later dual manifold. I just did not think to see if they would bolt up when I had my new manifold apart for cleaning before I installed it.

Now, the thinking might be that the 32/36 would be a little better suited to a 235 motor. Small primary progressive carb. But a friend of mine has the Clifford set up on his 57 vert with a 235 and his motor is a lot milder then mine is and he claims it runs great on the dual 38 mm carbs (non progressive).

If I am not mistaken, Edmonds had a 235/261 intake that used two stromberg two bbls. There may be others that used those carbs I am not sure. But to my knowledge the Clifford is the only currently produced manifold to use two two bbls. All the others you have to use an adapter 2 into 1 to use the Weber 32/36.

My original set up was a Weiand 2X1, adapters, to 74 pinto carbs. Fuel lines to the outside as the jets are in corner floor of fuel bowl. If you mount them the other way, you run the risk of uncovering the jets and getting a bog. Tom Langdon told me he ruined a couple of carbs drilling holes to get rid of an bog on hard acceleration before he realized the carbs needed to be mounted differently.

So I have run both set ups. The dual 38s run better. I would be happy put a couple of photos of my set ups but I will need someone to post them for me as I don’t have my photos on a host site.

Mike

Last edited by mdonohue05; 04/01/18 12:16 AM.