Painc, Gary owns or has owned more inline intakes than any one I know. He and his late brother have traveled the West's swap meets where they for years set up an amazing display of vintage speed equipment leaning heavily to inlines. I wish they had published an illustrated reference book of the treasures they have run across. jalopy's margaritas are the highlight of the Hot August Nights swap meet.
I wish I had taken pictures of Titan's Harper setup because it is the most complete survivor set I have seen or heard of. The split shafts and every linkage piece was of a quality seldom seen on hot rod multi carb systems. I'm not sure how well they actually worked but am pretty sure they were expensive compared with what we usually see. The linkage was certainly better built and designed that anything I have ever owned.
That said some more modern two barrels used this way might be interesting if "vintage" is not important.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain