Panic,
Appreciate your input. I'll probably use the stock dist. Hei does have longer spark duration shown on scope. Prior to more modern ignitions, During '60s and '70s I would add secondary suppression to lengthen time. Much cleaner emissions and perf benefits. The front/timing cover is alum, as most of the eng. As some others like Pontiac, old anti freeze would erode water pump cavity plus oil pump priming problems also happened to them, incl Caddys.Iv'e got a few 215s and new covers of different styles so oil filter can clear CJ front differential housing on severe bumps( which I won't be doing. I mostly use 5-30 or 10-30 Valvoline or Rotella depending on the eng and usage. Tribology is always changing. Took SAE papers for yrs. Kinda out of the loop now.
I also bought out a GM warehouse of EOS (if you remember that). Please explain Log Manifolds. For exh? I rebuilt the 4GC. Never had the pleasure of doing a Olds 215. I'll probably stick w/ the OE T90. I shan't abuse it. I've got a stick bell hsng and flywheel (I balanced during rebuild). Found an old hsng adapter. It'll need a longer input shaft from Jeep PU truck.
Thanks, David