Here's my history on purchasing it from a local buy-here, pay-here dealership owner who had it as a project car originally.

It was non-running when I bought it, so my original plan was to pull the L6 and 3spd, then replace them with a 350cid and TH350 or 4spd with posi assembly. However I puttered with it and got the L6 running, and found it a lively daily driver while I was working on it. So I focused on replacing all the missing trim while cleaning and detailing the engine area. But I got a lot of attention from people online and in person who were really interested in seeing the six with three on the floor. Some people suggested keeping it original and looking into performance upgrades for the inline sixes.

A couple years in, after investing a lot into replacing a lot of missing parts, and fixing several things that didn't work on it, my summer business and off season contractor work started to slow down and disposable income and free time became a premium. When you switch from a Chevy L6 to a Chevy V8, there is not a lot that you can reuse, just the bottom of the engine mounts and the alternator. Every bracket, hose, accessory, and even the radiator support needs to be changed out. With a little modification the wiring harness can be reused, but everything else was going to be an investment I didn't have. So I found inliners.org forum online and educated myself on what upgrades are available for the Chevy L6. And that's been my future project goal since then.

Finances got tight, and I had a few years where my truck was the priority to keep running. The alternator went out and the brakes needed attention, along with a complete fluid change, so it went in the garage in the summer of 2016 to await attention. But last December I started back in on getting it roadworthy for the spring and I'm almost finished with fixing and cleaning everything to get it back rolling. So I'm going to detail everything I fixed and upgraded on it so far, and put up current pics and video soon.