So i know my updates are intermittent and I'm sorry for that. Life gets in the way.

A few updates. I'm ditching the up pipe from the SPA turbo manifold in favor of a reverse rotation Garrett 3528R Gen 2 turbo. With a short spacer, I can bolt it directly to the manifold and not have to worry about my welds or putting undue stress on the manifold. The reverse rotation makes the turbine housing go up instead of down where I had my clearance issues and I've done some fitment with my old GT35 turbine housing and I have plenty of room. Here it is. https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/gtx3582r-gen-ii

After I get the turbo fitted while the engine is in the car, I can take it out, paint the engine, buy a trans/clutch/driveshaft and then hopefully get this thing running.

---------------

Something that's been bugging me for such a long time about this offenhauser intake. I have the offy 5416 4bbl intake like a lot of people on here but something that my intake does that I have never found the solution for is that the base plate only fits in such a way that my carb is rotated 90" and my throttle linkage sits over the rear runner.

Below is the only way I can get all 4 bolt in

But when I rotate it correctly like below, I can only get the two bolts shown in this picture in.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? It's incredibly frustrating and I'm about to just buy another manifold because something is up with this baseplate and they don't sell the baseplates by themselves.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.