Got a lot done this weekend, gives me hope on having a drag week ready car before the end of August. 

So I bit the bullet and installed the battery in the trunk. Full box, cables out the back and down through the floor of the trunk. I still need to install a power disconnect switch and heavy duty fuse, but the 1 gauge positive cable is ran to the front with brackets holding it in place. The kit came with a short 24" ground cable, so I picked up some 4 gauge ground cable until I get 1 gauge down the road. 

I figured since I have moved the fuel supply to the driver's side, I could remove the stock fuel lines on the passenger side and run the power cables more or less along the path the fuel lines used to go.

I've got three bolts holding it to the floor.  

This should clear all the exhaust pipes going to and from the turbo. 

With the battery tray free'd up, I welded a bracket to the tray to hold the water pump. I looked at options of just making a bracket to the frame or core support, but it was definitely simpler to attach it to the tray. I will probably use that space for power distribution, move the fuse panel from the fender well to the tray.

Sits about 2" higher than the stock pump did, but I do not expect any issues as long as I'm not low on coolant. 

I also started on the flanges for the new set of headers.  The flanges I have were just a bit on the small side, and the end ones needed to be squared up.  So I took a grinder to them and started opening them up.

I'm hoping this week to get a machine shop lined up for the short block and either during the week or over next weekend get a transmission boxed up to ship to a builder that has done a few other Drag Week'er transmissions, so my hope is high the 4L60e will survive behind my little L6.