Yeah sorry these past couple of years have been sporadic. I've put a lot of time into the body and had my engine a couple of hours away at my parents house so it was hard to work on it. Then I had to scramble and get it assembled and in the car right before I moved to Illinois. Then Illinois winter hit and nobody wants to be outside in that!

Just ordered a 66mm Garrett Turbo https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/gtx3582r-gen-ii

Here are the two compressor maps that show various sweeps from 3000-5000 at 10, 15, and 20psi assuming 90% volumetric efficiency (VE) which may be low balling it with the porting at bigger valves (however this would only move the Lbs/min right 1-2 if I assumed 95% VE. The first vertical line is 3000 and the second vertical line is 5000rpm.

GTX3582R on my 250

I had also been looking at the slightly smaller GTX3576R which is a 58mm which has better efficiency at the lower part of the rpm range you can see below (same 3000-5000)

I'm having a bit of a dilemma as I can't tell if I can get 5000rpm out my 250 with the beefed up springs and turbo cam making the 3576 a better choice or if 5000+ is reasonable and the 3582 will hit is stride in the higher RPMs. Any thoughts? I figure it would probably be safer to have better efficiency at higher RPMS to reduce heat going into the engine at a more volatile (higher) point in the RPM sweep.

The shop said I had 24 hours to change choose if I need to pick the other so any thoughts would be helpful

Last edited by snowman4839; 06/05/18 11:23 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.