Originally Posted By: panic
The engine is safe if the parts are quality.
IDT the factory intended the damper to operate above the original power peak, and the rubber has definitely degraded over time.

That's unfortunate. The one on the engine right now is a new factory style balancer so I'm not worried about old rubber but that's good to know.

Originally Posted By: Blackwater
The ATI harmonic balancer is proven and has been used on numerous factory engines. I've personally seen minor horsepower increases JUST from installing this balancer and on top of everything else, it is both tunable and rebuildable! Is is also a non friction unit and doesn't rely on liquids or clutch type functions to work.

The ATI, in my opinion and the opinions of the engineers of SEVERAL O.E.M. manufacturers, is superior to other aftermarket products.

Well it sure looks like a nice unit. Is there any way to use the factory fan with the ATI unit (or the TCI rattler) or does it essentially force you to go to an electric fan?

Last edited by snowman4839; 06/11/18 06:15 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.