Got the engine out today! It's on the stand ready for the wastegate to be fitted up.

Got the Tial 38mm wastegate in today. Took em 2 days to ship from Texas which is quite impressive!

Here's the center wastegate mount that I'll be using. It has a cutout on the bottom of the manifold and uses a T25 bolt pattern (learned that the guys at SPA). I have a plate of steel that I'm going to use to swap out that aluminum plate I'm going to use for the 20-30 minute cam break in.

Here's the plan for mounting angle. It, unfortunately, does not mount directly down as even the small 38mm wastegate hits the engine mount. I'd rather not trim the engine mount so I'm going to buy a 1.75" Stainless pip mandrel bend and cut out a 45" bend to weld onto the pipe so the wastegate is held at an angle under the turbo.

So the plan now is to order that mandrel bend and some fittings to plumb the water and oil for the turbo. Then I should be good to take it apart, paint it, and break it in!

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.