Unless I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective, and I really don't think I am, the choke coil, (the heated element inside the plastic cover which is ordinarily referred to as a "Choke Stove) controls the choke butterfly and the butterfly, by way of the lever on the opposite end of the cross shaft controls the fast idle. You can remove that rod and the choke will still open and close, (Try it! You'll be surprised.) independent of the throttle position.

In fact, if you can find another of those clamp-on levers that fasten to the choke shaft, you COULD attach it to one choke shaft in a vertical position, turn the other carb's choke lever vertical, fabricate a rod to link the two choke shafts and run both chokes off of one choke stove and one fast idle cam.

The rod that connects the two throttle shafts will handle the fast idle for both, so only ONE fast idle cam is needed. The two separate choke stoves are very unlikely to operate at the same rate, especially after a little time and use have occurred. If the throttle link from one carb to the other is tight, (not slack or sloppy) one fast idle cam should be sufficient. That fast idle cam is just a graduated idle stop for the main throttle shaft, nothing more.

Last edited by Blackwater; 06/25/18 02:48 PM.

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary